Monday, October 20, 2008

Mutant Ninja Laundry

How can two small children generate so much laundry? And get it so dirty? One of the first questions I took to my network of parents was "how do I get their clothes clean?" (The answer was OxiClean, and it does work pretty well). I am also so thankful I can do much of this towering mountain of laundry at work. Yes, I did say 'at work.' I work in an appliance showroom and we have a live laundry display. I sort and pre-treat at home, then pop it the washer when I get to work. A couple of short breaks to switch loads and fold and I am done. I still do socks and unmentionables at home ... for one, I don't want our unmentionables spread all over the employee lounge and two, all those small items take longer to fold and I don't want to take undue advantage and jeopardize my good fortune. And yes, that is Ninja Josiah inside the laundry basket. They like to hide under the clothes and then pop out and "scare" me! Or I will call around for whoever is missing, feign giving up, and then pick up the basket and carry it away to dump elsewhere. This elicits many giggles, but is getting very hard to do -- they weigh about 55 and 64 pounds!



1 comment:

Shawn said...

How funny (and convenient) that you do your laundry at work. I love the multi-tasking!!!

Love from Boulder,
Shawn