Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kids for Hire

The floors are swept and vacuumed, the dishes are done, laundry is caught up, bathrooms are clean, I dusted for probably the second time since the kids have been home (that always seems to take low priority), backpacks are ready for school tomorrow, and even some growing piles on closet shelves and in the garage have been tidied. How did this happen?

Naomi and Josiah spent Saturday at uncle Sam's helping with yard work - complete with breather masks to keep out the leaf dust - earning $25 apiece (they promptly asked to put their $5 bill in the church offering) - and leaving Mom to some free time alone. Did I take a long, hot bubble bath or leisurely read a book? No! A cleaning frenzy!

And now they are at a friend's house playing. What is a girl to do!?! I think I have forgotten how to relax . . . guess I'll pester ya-all with my persistent blog updates. And I still have an hour to read that book before I pick them up. Our God is an awesome God!