Monday, December 1, 2008

A Season of Thanks

Words of thanks from my sweet daughter:

"I'm thankful for my family, my mom, my brother, my dad. I came on a plane with my family to America from Ethiopia. My mom and my dad buy me clothes and presents. When Josiah and I came to America my mom and dad were happy and I am happy too."

And Mom is thrilled that her kids are happy!!! A bigger blessing I could not wish for. It is an utter joy!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving in Montana with the whole family - all of my brothers and sister together is not a common occurrence these days. My sister and sister-in-law pitched in to make a great Thanksgiving meal! Nonetheless, my kids ate only the dark turkey meat and a bit of dinner roll, but could not be talked into white meat, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, sweet potatoes, or any of the traditional holiday fare. Not even the pumpkin pie!

We had an uneventful trip home on Sunday despite early road reports of closures in southern Wyoming. Praise God! I am sure it was He who was responsible as we were all sending up prayers for a safe journey.

My love and prayers for all my friends during this blessed season and always . . . 

1 comment:

Kathi said...

That's the sweetest thing I've ever read! You are sooooo blessed! It blesses me to know you & your wonderful kids. I promise I will come by soon. You can do the same!
Blessing to you!
Love,
Kathi