Saturday, March 22, 2008

And repacking ...

My Ethiopian friend, Abeba had asked a week or so ago if she could send a few things with me to Ethiopia. I asked how much and she thought only maybe 5 pounds. I asked how large and she thought about the size of a small backpack. I wondered how I would fit this in my already snug-as-a-bug suitcases, but agreed. Well! She brought a school size backpack stuffed full and another canvas gunny sack with about the same amount or more! Shoes, socks, jackets, sweaters, onesies, and so on. My eyes went big as saucers. But how often does she have a chance to get things taken to relatives there? Not often! And shipping it is so expensive. So I said I'd manage. I unpacked and repacked my biggest bag, leaving out one of my empty suitcases I had planned to take over, and my big bag is now stuffed full and I am only about 1-1/2 pounds under the weight limit. Hope my scale is accurate!!! I also need to call her relatives when I get to Ethiopia to arrange to get them the gifts. The adventure continues!

No comments: