Monday, March 30, 2009

Gotcha!

It is the season of milestones for us. Earlier in the month we celebrated becoming at legal family (our court date) with our dinner party at the Ethiopian restaurant. TODAY was exactly one year since we MET and have been together as a family -- it is Gotcha Day!!!

My sister and I landed in Addis Ababa just after 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 30th, 2008. We had breakfast with our friends who are missionaries there, after which they took us to get settled into our hotel. Then about noon, Kassahun from CWA took us to the foster home to meet the kids. The boys and girls are housed in separate facilities, so we met my amazing son, Naol (Josiah) first. After a short tour to see his bed, dining area, etc., we walked a half a block or so down the street to the meet my wonderful daughter, Firaol, nicknamed Flower (Naomi) and received a similar walk-through. We've been together every since!!!

Then and now ....



Love,
Josiah (Naol), Mom (Nancy), Naomi (Flower)

"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."
~ 1 Samuel 1:27

1 comment:

Queen Diva said...

Happy One Year Anniversary Nancy!

I recently had my one year anniversary as well with my daughter. I traveled a little bit before you did and I also used CWA.

I have not posted on your blog in a while but I'm always reading.

Andrea