Monday, December 10, 2007

Kinda nervous

Last week I was told that my children had been moved into the CWA foster home in Soddo. This was rather bittersweet, as to me that meant leaving what is familiar to them, but also meant they were safe and well cared for. Today I was apologetically informed that there had been a miscommunication and the woman providing the information was caught in the midst of multiple tasks (sound familiar?) and momentarily confused my kids with another sibling group in the same phase of the process.

As far as my kids' status, they have been sent two messages "inviting" them to the orphanage /foster home. I'm not sure if they didn't respond or just haven't come. Nonetheless, a case worker is being sent to their town this week to speak with them. This makes me really nervous, as it is a very tenuous situation ...

Until they are in the adoption agencies care, anything can happen: Communication in third world countries is difficult and the people can be sometimes transient. The agencies don't "lose" the children, per se, but sometimes after initial contact it becomes difficult or even impossible to regain it. Or, guardians may change their minds or other relatives may step forward that wish to care for the kids.

The CWA motto is "We Believe That God is in Control of Our Agency and Your Adoption." I know this is true and I have complete faith that God has mighty plans to bring my perfect children to me. I have also worked very hard at guarding my heart ... "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." ~ Proverbs 4:23. With an international adoption from a third world country you really have no guarantees until you actually have the children in your arms. I'm sure everything will be fine, but I am praying for God's grace and covering.

1 comment:

My2Blessings said...

Hi Nancy,

I can empathize with your uneasiness at this point! You're right about nothing being a "sure thing" until they are in your arms. We KNOW who is in control though, and can have confidence that HE IS WATCHING over those precious children night and day and will keep them from all harm until they are home with you!

Still praying for your peace of mind and heart while you WAIT...This IS the hardest part! One GREAT thing though...it's like you hear birth mothers talk about forgetting the pain of their labor...You actually DO FORGET all the pain and frustration of waiting...which explains why so many people adopt more than once :)

Blessings on you and those precious souls waiting for you in Ethiopia!

Debbie