Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Faux pas

Oh my goodness! I've recently discovered that it is actually against Ethiopian law to post photos of the children prior to completing the court process and becoming the legal parents. It is for the children's protection and does make sense. Many things can go wrong in this process and they do not want these kids exploited in any way. So even though it is hard as a waiting parent not to share them with everyone, I have removed all photos and references to their Ethiopian names until after I have passed court. Thank you to the kind individual who pointed this out to me or I may not have known, and could have jeopardized my adoption.

On the bright side, my twins have been moved from the foster home in Soddo to the care center in Addis Ababa, their final stop before coming home to the U.S. Now they need to get another (more thorough as I understand) medical exam and then we can submit our paperwork for a court date. I am praying for a smooth process and to pass court on the first attempt. I am still hoping and praying for an Embassy date in late March. This waiting business is hard!!!

No comments: